Investment in logistics is not only for businesses but also for the sustainable development of e-commerce, according to representatives of Lazada Logistics Vietnam.
In the context of fierce competition in the Vietnamese e-commerce market, Lazada is steadfast in its goal of developing logistics infrastructure in Vietnam. This goal is realized through initiatives each year to practically accompany and support consumers, vendors and the entire e-commerce industry. Particularly in 2020, the complete logistics system has helped this platform to expand the strategy of free shipping, promote contactless delivery initiatives … Logistics advantages help Lazada attract and increase the number of new sales houses were twice as many as in 2019, successfully launched 20 Super Brand Festival events and a series of large-scale shopping festivals during the year.
Mr. Vu Duc Thinh – Director of Lazada Logistics Vietnam shared about the long-term plans of this e-commerce platform for the logistics segment, where Lazada has been a pioneer since 2012.
– What improvements did Lazada have in logistics system to ensure the delivery of goods to users in 2020 – the year when online shopping recorded a spike?
– From the very first days of establishment in Vietnam market, we have recognized the potential for development of the online shopping industry, and to accompany that development, the upgrading of logistics infrastructure and Increasing the internal transport potential is indispensable. And with the explosion of e-commerce in 2020, all of our logistics preparations have maximized the effect, bringing smooth shopping – business experiences for consumers. , vendors and brands.
One can include the contactless delivery initiative pioneered by Lazada in April 2020. In addition to maintaining a safe distance between buyers and forwarders, this initiative has also been a real success thanks to its efforts to replicate the Drop-off point or Collection point model. with more than 2,000 points at convenience stores and iLogic Smartlocker system to help users feel secure to shop online.
In 2020, Lazada’s daily pickup rate and delivery performance will increase 3 times compared to the same period in 2019. The logistics infrastructure that Lazada invests in not only benefits us but also This is an investment in the future of e-commerce, thereby improving the shopping experience of consumers, and helping brands and sellers less challenge in self-logistics.
– Determining being a pioneer in logistics means facing many difficulties, why does Lazada continue on that path without “one beat behind”?
– Investing early, becoming a pioneer is always hard. And just waiting behind the other parties to pioneer and then imitate will definitely “lighten the burden”. However, what I personally really like and agree with Lazada is the attitude ready to go first. Only when pioneering do you reap the achievements that your followers can hardly conquer.
– How is Lazada’s delivery plan during this time as well as development orientation for this year?
– It can be said that this time is one of the busiest shopping times for Vietnamese consumers. To meet the increasing demand, Lazada has launched a promotional campaign “Tet 21, Closing the menu” from January 19-28. This is also the longest incentive period of the year up to 10 days, so the pressure on logistics and delivery logistics units is enormous when it comes to ensuring delivery progress. However, with Lazada’s early investment in logistics system and coordination from departments with pre-built scenarios, we are confident that all goods will be delivered to users. before the Lunar New Year to bring a complete Tet.
In 2021, Lazada will continue to be a business platform and accompany hundreds of thousands of brands and sellers to develop. In addition, we will continue to strengthen our technological capabilities and innovations to optimize the customer experience. At the same time, enhancing logistics power by increasing operations to speed up delivery time between North-South axis, towards the goal of same-day delivery with the lowest cost. We also strongly hope to promote the development of “green logistics” in Vietnam, an area that is still very new but full of potential.
I believe what Lazada can do with the logistics industry in Vietnam has brought optimal benefits to Vietnamese consumers, brands and sellers. That shows the core value that Lazada is pursuing – “customer is first”.